Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Time for bed

Good morning everyone!
We finally put the motor home to bed, so to speak.
Since most parks are now closed for the season,
and the night time temps are going below freezing,
We winterized the mo-ho.
That involves draining the water out of
the tanks and lines,
and pumping in a special RV antifreeze,
to keep the water lines from freezing.
So here's a pic draining the water heater.
Once that's empty, there's a bypass valve
so antifreeze doesn't get in it.
Same with the fresh water tank.
They would be hard to flush all the antifreeze
out in the spring. It takes three gallons to do the job.
You have to make sure all the lines are filled,
and the traps also.



We then took out all the bedding, towels,
DVDs, food from the pantry,
and the dishwasher.
Here's a stock pic of the little
counter top dishwasher Craig talked
me into getting.
I didn't think we needed one,
but Craig wanted it.
And I must say,
I've enjoyed having it.


It's great to be able to do other
things while the dishes are washing.

It's pretty small,
only holds 4 place settings,
but plenty big enough for the two of us.
We have it on a shelf above the washer/dryer.

Then I cleaned the entire inside,
put in sonic pest repelers, and bait.
And we'll park it next to the garage
for the long Michigan winter.
Next up, some more flower pics from the fall garden.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 AM

    Isn't it more fun getting the moho ready to take out in the spring than it is putting it away for winter? I have the same feelings as I close down our screened-in porch and put away the furniture, roll up the rug, etc. It is much nicer setting it up in the spring knowing that we will get so much enjoyment out of it during the warm weather. We are busy getting our yard ready for winter as well and have been extremely busy taking care of the abundance of leaves since we have a very wooded lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Long Michigan Winter"? Surely you jest. (By the way, this will be our second winter spent together as bloggers.....tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love your MH to do all that work.
    I see on your blog it is 44 degrees. Man send that down my way. It's 82 + today. I'm tired of these electric bills.
    I went to Macinac Island last summer on vacation. It was loverly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:18 AM

    That dishwasher is interesting. Anything that would free me up to do other more 'woodsy' things gets a big thumbs up from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sort of sad to see the season end...but it just makes it that much more exciting next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish they made a backpacker version of the dishwasher... seems like I spend half my vacation washing the same pan and two bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember back when my grandparents were into the whole camping thing, they had to do all this stuff too. I remember that the antifreeze in the toilet was pink.
    Strange that I would remember that after all these years....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I meant to say the dishwasher is really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete