Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, November 10, 2017

insurance and food

Good afternoon.
A beautiful week here in the desert. Sunny with highs in the 70's and lows in the low 50's.
I finally got insurance for next year. Went on Healthcare.gov and had a choice between just 2 companies. But that's better than a lot of people around the country. Got a plan just about like the one I had last year. It's an HMO which means I have to go to in-network doctors and hospitals, and it has a $6,600.00 deductible. Fortunately, I'm currently healthy and hopefully won't need to use it. I have just one year until I can get Medicare.   :-)
But happily, the price is less than I pay for my current insurance, so the savings will be nice. Once I get approved and get official notice from the company, I'll need to find another primary care physician. It's good I have enough blood pressure meds to last until the beginning of the year.
We haven't done much the last week. Bought some new shoes and a few shirts. Been house cleaning and just enjoying retirement. A neighbor brought us over some chicken enchilada soup. It is delicious! Another neighbor has invited us over to dinner tomorrow. We have some very nice neighbors!
I forgot to post, but the episodes of Who Wants to be a Millionaire that we watched the tapping earlier this year, were broadcast on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I almost forgot they were for Veterans week. We saw one episode Tuesday, and were able to see us in the audience. It was very cool to see us on TV.   :-)
Now, we were in the right end of top row  behind the host Chris Harrison, so we looked very fuzzy and dark, but we could tell it was us! Green shirt and orange shirt.
Anyway, working on details of our winter cruise. There are a lot of things to take care of with a cruise. But I've been scouring their website and I think I've got all my I's dotted and T's crossed.
Well, that's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Cool that you got to see yourself on TV!
    Hope you have a safe trip when you go.

    ReplyDelete