Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, June 06, 2020

It's the weekend!

Good morning.
It's the weekend, not that it really matters when you are retired.   😉
Our weather has returned to normal, and will be a little below normal for the next week. 90 today, and 80's for the next several. Nice!   😎
Our normal high is 94. 
Here's that Bromeliad, I got from Barbie, that she got from a neighbor when her husband died last Nov. 
The little offshoots are called pups. I removed 2 a little over a month ago and planted them, and they promptly died.  😕
Not sure if I took them out too soon, or maybe overwatered them. Anyway, I have 3 more coming up, and I will leave them. From what I read, the parent only blooms once and after producing these offshoots, will eventually die, and the pups will grow. So, I'll see how that works out.   😐
I did put it in a slightly bigger and nicer pot, since I'm now planning on keeping it around awhile.
And here's my latest puzzle....
This was a fun one!
And we did get our new area rug. Here's Craig vacuuming it....
The colors are exactly as the picture was! That's the main issue with buying things like this online you're never really sure if the color is going to look the same.
The coloring is quite different from our last one, so a very nice change. We let it lie on the floor in the middle of the room to 'flatten' out overnight, and will put it all together today. The pad came as the same size, so had to cut a couple of inches off the 2 sides. I read the pad should be about 1 inch smaller on all sides than the rug.
And as I get use to the new blogger, I've enlarged 2 of the 4 pics. Do you like them bigger? Or normal?

1 comment:

  1. The pictures all look the same on my phone..
    Love the rug! Very colorful.
    Same for the puzzle. Looks like a fun one for sure.🙂

    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete