Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

my bath counter refinishing project

Good morning.
I've just returned from my walk.
Here's a few pics of the second bath and the refinished counter....



I'm happy to say that it looks like a brand new count top! I'm extremely pleased how good it turned out!
Like I said, the were spots where it looked like glue or something got on it and someone used a sharp tool or knife or something to 'scrap' them off leaving numerous scratches on the surface. It also appeared someone repeatedly laid a hot curling iron on the counter as there were numerous raised ridges on both sides of the sink. I was told that a young teenage granddaughter was living with them, so that would have been her bathroom.
Anyway, I got everything sanded down and smoothed out and went from a 220 grit to a 400, then an 800 and finally a 1500 grit. I then used Gel-Gloss to polish the surface.
Thank goodness for the internet!    :-)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job Wayne!

    M and C in Palm Springs

    ReplyDelete