Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, May 12, 2018

cactus in bloom

Good morning.
Just got back from my morning walk. A nice cool 60 this morning.
Here's some of the latest pics from my walk.....
Quite a lot of cactus blooming right now in very vivid colors.

And below is some type of yucca.
And I don't remember the name of this tree, but it has green trunk and branches and gets loaded with yellow flowers this time of year.
And below is why I'm glad I don't have one in or near my yard...
The ground gets covered in yellow. A mess to clean up.
We've had a couple of very brief power outages the last couple of days. Just a few seconds each. But long enough that I have to reset clocks. No one seems to know what has caused them, and all our power lines are buried. I suspect they are working on equipment somewhere and had to briefly cut power while adding or replacing something. But for some reason, it has caused a neighbors garage coach lights to flash.
To give you some background....
When they built our houses, they installed a special light switch by the front door that turns on and off the garage coach lights and the  front porch lights. Also on the switch is a button you can push that will cause those lights to flash. It's suppose to be used during emergencies. It allows first responders to quickly find your house. Well, I wanted led lights and the flash switch wouldn't work with those, so I replaced the switch with a timer switch. So my coach lights come on at dusk and go off at dawn. That's what I wanted. My neighbor, want her lights to do the same, but still wanted the emergency option, so she found light bulbs that were dusk to dawn and would work in the coach lights. Well, for some reason, when the power went off and back on, it tripped the switch into flash mode. I first noticed it when I went out for my morning walk yesterday. Well, she's back in Minnesota. Fortunately, she gave me the garage door code, so I was able to go over and reset the switch. Well last evening, the power went off and on again. I didn't notice because i had fallen asleep in the chair, and Craig had already gone to bed. By the time I woke up to go to bed, there were 2 tucks out front with flashing lights. It was our neighborhood watch, and Securitis from our master community. They thought someone was in distress because of the flashing light. I went out and explained the issue to them and reset the switch. I'll inform the owner of the issue and see if she decides to do anything about it.
So besides watching her house, I'm picking up mail for another neighbor who's currently gone and the paper for another neighbor that's out of town for the weekend. And I don't mind because it gives me something to do.   :-)
I love retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment