Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

pretty as a picture

Good morning.
I've just returned from my morning walk.
And.....here's some pics......
Above, the little doggy park near on of the entrances to our community. The only grass you'll see inside the community.
Below is a Chaste tree and Bird of Paradise
Every year, just before Memorial Day, our Veterans club puts up flags on all the light poles on the main street that goes through the community of 2025 homes. They also put them on all the light posts in the parking lot of the community building. 
They will stay up through the 4th of July.
We have a very active veterans group. They also have several cookouts and picnics during the year to raise funds for a number of veteran causes.
And look closely and you'll see a full moon.....
A pretty sunrise....
Another cactus blooming...
And I even saw a peach tree loaded with peaches!
I've also seen lemon and lime trees. I would think they would need quite a bit of water. That was the main reason  the apple tree in our back yard died. We weren't here much the first 2 years we had the house and the drip was set for the entire yard. The previous owner must have supplemented the watering. But I didn't want an apple tree anyway, so we had it removed when our backyard was redone.
And now that the weather has gotten hotter, I've had to water my potted plants nearly every day. I think besides the heat, the low humidity is sucking moisture from the plants. But, they're looking pretty good right now. I'll try to remember to take some pics.
That's it for now....

1 comment:

  1. I saw that full moon last night when I was in the kitchen.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete