Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, June 03, 2018

long post

Good morning.
I've just returned from my morning walk.
Here's a pic of my latest blueberry pie....
The blueberries were on sale, and though it's a little warm out right now for baking, I do love my pies!   :-)
And here's a few pics of what's blooming in the back yard...


The Bougainvillea is just starting to bloom again. In a few weeks with the heat, it should really look good.
And it's been a busy few days. I took a bag of 2 liter bottle and dropped them off at the 'Farm', and shipped a package of products to a friend back in Michigan.
I also went over to a neighbors house who is away for the summer and ran water down all her drains to keep them from going dry and letting sewer gas into the house. I also blew leaves off her front patio so it looks like someone lives there.
Then I replaced drippers on my 2 potted bushes. I had a green and a black one in each pot. The black put out less than the green, which works well in the cooler weather, but with the heat, I need to up the watering. So I switched out the black for another green. Then I wanted to manually check out drip system because one of the red yuccas in the front yard felt very dry when I fertilized them earlier this week. Well, with the water on I discovered the dripper wasn't emitting any water. And as I checked the rest, I spotted a small puddle of water in the stones not near any plant. I started to pull away the stones to see what was going on and water was bubbling up out of the ground. That means a leak either in the main line or a dripper line. Long story short. I dug up the area to discover that a root had grown between a dripper line and the main line and as it grew, it popped the dripper line off the main line which is also why the one plant wasn't getting water.  Fortunately, all I had to do was cut out the root and reattach the drip line. I was sure I was going to have to get someone out to find the problem, but luckily I was able to fix it myself.  Sometimes I surprise myself at what I can do.   :-)
And I've lost my doctor. The Practice I was going to sent me a letter stating that it was going to serve only Medicare patients and I could go to one of their other offices for my health care. I had an appointment in July, and it was just a maintenance visit. Well, I like the guy I was going to and didn't want to break in another one. And I turn 65 in October, So I think I'll just wait and go back to him then. I have enough refills available on my 2 scrips to last until then.
Well, I think I've rambled on enough for now.....

1 comment: