Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, June 06, 2018

keeping cool

Good afternoon.
As the heat starts getting over 100, we need a little help to sit outside comfortably in the afternoon.
When I walk in the morning, it's beautiful! Sunny and mid 70's. Our patio is shaded in the afternoon, so not bad even approaching 100. But over that, it is a little hot, even with the low humidity. So we've added a couple of misters......
This mister kit I bought on Amazon. It attaches to our patio fan and a water source.
It work amazingly well! Over 100, the fan would just blow hot air, but the misters add a super fine mist that cools the air and is very refreshing!
Adding that to the misters we have along the ceiling, and we're comfortable outside no matter what the temp is.    :-)
And better yet, the mister kit from Amazon didn't cost a penny! I'm signed up with View Count. I'm not sure how I originally got connected with them, but they send me sample court cases for my feedback. The surveys take between 15 and 30 minutes to finish, and if I return them in a specified time frame, they e-mail me an Amazon credit of between $2 -$4. I don't shop on Amazon very often, so I've built up a nice little account that I used for the mister kit.    :-)
And we also booked our air fare to Miami for the cruise, and a hotel. We'll be arriving the day before departure so as not to miss the boat.   :-)   We're starting to look at the various excursions and will be booking some of them fairly soon. The good ones tend to book up early, so we don't want to wait too long.
We also gave each other haircuts. It's nice we can do that ourselves and not have to go out for it.    :-)
And that's all from sunny Las Vegas!

1 comment:

  1. They have started selling misters like that here; but I'm not certain how well they work with the humidity here.
    I hope your trip is a safe one when you go.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete