Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, September 13, 2019

TGIF!......the 13th!!!!

Good afternoon.
I just took an apple cranberry pie out of the oven......
It looks good!
They had Gala Apples on sale for .19 a lb!
Yesterday, we had a pork tenderloin. I've had boneless pork loins, but not a tenderloin.
I've never had one before, because they are a bit expensive. But a neighbor sometime ago gave me one when her fridge died and she had to get rid of a bunch of food. I told her I'd keep it until she got a  fridge, but she said no, keep it. Sooo,  yesterday, I decided to try and fix it. Went online to see just how I'm suppose to do it. Followed the instructions which specifically stated that you MUST use a meat thermometer. Pork can very easily get overcooked and dry. I did exactly what they said, I seasoned it, and browned it in a pan. Then put it uncovered in an oven until the internal temp read 145. pulled it out and let it sit for 10 minutes. It was the best pork I've eaten in quite a while!  OMG!
When those things go on sale, I may splurge and buy another one!
Also, I went online a couple of days ago to pay for our cruise. The final payment was due on Sept 20th. For some reason, I went to NCL  and checked the current prices and found they had lowered the price of my cruise!!! Sooo, I called and left a message with my Cruise Consultant to see if there was anything I could do to get a price adjustment.
Well, I got this e-mail soon after......

You may not be able to see the text well without clicking on it, but it was a letter from my Cruise Consultant stating the price change on my cruise and adjusting it to the new price, saving me $528.00!. Nice!
I read on forums that's what should happen if I hadn't made the final payment, which I hadn't.
So I got very lucky there!
So that savings will almost pay for the 4 nights in Waikiki.
And that's about it for now....

1 comment:

  1. That is great! Have a safe trip when you go!

    ReplyDelete