Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More Cookies


Spent a good part of the day making more cookies
for the goodies table at work.


Craig also made another batch of Fudge.
The first batch turned out dry and crumbly.
Had to throw it away!
Finally decided the thermometer
was maybe wrong.
You have to cook the fudge to
235 degrees before it will "set".
We're thinking we cooked it too high,
that's why it was dry.

So bought a new thermometer and
the next batch turned out perfect!

The cookies here are called press cookies.
That's because you put the dough into
this cylinder like contraption and
turn the handle and push the dough
thru the patterned disk onto a cookie sheet.
With a little food coloring mixed in
the dough first, you can make
green Christmas trees or wreaths,
red diamonds,
and even multi colored swirls.
Add some colored sugar sprinkles,
and you have some tasty little treats!
I got the press from my
grandmother when she passed
away nearly thirty years ago.
The new ones now are plastic,
but I like the old metal one!


Click on the pics to see them better!

1 comment:

  1. I need to find me one like that, yeah. lol. Maybe I'll get one from eBay. :)

    Your cookies make me hungry.

    I made some cookies yesterday, but they didn't turn out nearly as pretty as yours.

    *Hugs* to you guys. <3

    Sis

    ReplyDelete