Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

now that was stupid!

Yesterday, while I was getting a coffee at my favorite coffee place, Beaner's, they had a question on their board, "what was the stupidest thing you've ever done"

Well, after a little thought, here it is.

Way back in 1972, I was a very young 18 year old. After I graduated from high school, I moved from Muskegon MI, to St Louis MO. While I was there I had this old Ford Wagon. Back then if your car wouldn't start, you could push it and 'kick' start it.

This guy needed a push, but didn't want his bumper scratched,
so we put a tire, with out a rim, between our two cars.

Worried that the tire would roll off down the road when the other car started and pulled away, I had the great idea of sitting on the hood of our car and holding on to it.
WHAT WAS I THINKING!

So........ as we pushed the other car down the road, I sat on the hood and held the tire, and when the other car started and pulled away, the driver of my car stopped, and whoosh! off the hood I flew, clutching the tire for my dear life! Luckily, I got a few good bounces on the tire, and didn't kill myself!

That had to be the stupidest thing I've ever done!

So..... what was the stupidest thing you've ever done!
Do a post and let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Ok so I posted about the dumbest thing I've ever done. It's embarrassing....but also my salvation in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Wayne! I just saw the 30 years in Pictures! That is fantastic! lol I love the hair and clothes changing through the decades. I think Craig has changed alot more than you have. But *low whistle* ...you both were so fricken handsome! Not that you aren't still but my tastes run to younger men these days. ;P lol That is SO fun! I'm so glad you posted that.
    I may need to email with you to learn how to add pictures to posts and such. I couldn't figure that out a couple years ago when I was blogging on Blogger.Com either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to be young and stupid!
    Yes, mine is young/stupid/car related too. Mine involves alcohol.
    No, I wasn't driving, but the driver wasn't exactly sober.
    There were 3 of us in the car, in high school - not exactly of legal age to be drinking...
    When sirens & flashing lights came up behind us, the driver decided to out-race the cops.
    We apparently knew the back roads of Kentucky better than the cop.
    We pulled into an abandoned house's driveway, and ran through the ditch all the way back to my house.
    Stupid. Crazy.
    But we didn't get caught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had forgetten qabout that mode of starting a car. how true.

    ReplyDelete