Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Baby it's cold outside

This post is especially for Patti and Corrine in Florida,
Randy and Dave in New Orleans,
and my Sis in North Carolina.
And any of my readers in warmer climates.

Winter came early,
and has taken a strong hold on Michigan.

The first pic is out the front window,
with the golf course across the street.

The second is our back yard.
If you click on the pic,
you'll see numerous branches
poking thru the snow.
They're from the wind we had last Sunday.
We had gusts up to 50 miles per hour.
We lost power for 7 hours.
But that was last weeks post.
The branches will probably lay there till spring. I don't do cold well.
And this last pic is a close-up of our Christmas tree. It's growing! See all the light green shoots! Stupid tree thinks it's Spring!


Craig thought we should pot it up and plant it back in the yard in the spring. Then we could cut it down again next year. Nice thought, but I told him tree stumps don't root. And I imagine as the shoots get longer, the tree won't be able to sustain the new growth, and the pretty green shoots will shrivel and die. But we enjoyed our little tree. And today the decorations come off, and the tree gets recycled into mulch for the yard. And as they say, life goes on.....

10 comments:

  1. BBBBRRRRRRRR!!! No thanks, unless I can stay inside and drink tea all day. And what's up with that tree? So, are you going to leave it up and see what happens? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year to you both! it was fun getting to know you this year.

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Send us some snow! :)

    Thanks for sharing. Looks very pretty.

    *Hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the day after you get the storm, we get it up here. Lately we have been getting all of our bad weather from the U.S., enough I say, keep it...ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:21 AM

    Pretty pics to look at. Went to Montreal for Christmas last week, 3 feet of snow. Reminds me why I moved to San Diego. Stay warm....
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:21 AM

    Pretty pics to look at. Went to Montreal for Christmas last week, 3 feet of snow. Reminds me why I moved to San Diego. Stay warm....
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Here in sunny Davenport, we do not see such foreign material!!! Thanks for sharing...but, I really do not miss the white stuff!
    Got to go....need to turn the AC on!!
    Love Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh c'mon. While people in Atlanta maybe crying that it's the end of the world, this is nothing. I want some more so I can finally go skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's another Southerner wanting snow like you've got. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say enjoy the snow but then again I don't have to drive in it. That's so interesting your tree is putting on new growth. Mine was dry as a bone/stiff as a board when I took it out. I'll be sweeping up needles for months.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete