Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Craig's test results

First, I want to say Craig is going to be okay.
I haven't posted earlier, because I was scared.
When we got home from the hospital, I got a chance to really look at the pictures of the polyps. One of the polyps looked a lot different from the rest. Most were smooth rounded balloon like thingys, but one looked knobby and hard.
I thought, "this doesn't look good".
Craig didn't look at the pics the whole week. On Sunday, he stumbled on them under a pile of papers. I think he didn't want to see them. His first words were, "this one doesn't look good".
I responded that it could be the angle of the camera, or the lighting, and reminded him that they were quite small, and the doctor said they were probably benign.
I could tell he wasn't convinced. We didn't talk about it after that. So, I didn't post because I didn't know what to say.
But today the surgeon called. He had 3 polyps that are pre-Cancerous.
That means, they not Cancer, but not normal either.
Which means he's lucky to have been checked when he did!
He's okay, but will need to be checked again in 3 years.
And like I've said to you all.............

If your over 50, get checked

13 comments:

  1. very happy to hear this! sarge and i went for ours last august. just do it! it is not fun but it IS necessary!

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assure Craig that he will be okay. My first test was similar and since then I have been "clean". Thanks for keep us posted. You are both in my best thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:51 PM

    Thank god for that. I was getting worried, too.
    I am sure he will be okay now. :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Thank God he got checked and he is okay. You are both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear everything is okay. I've had to start getting these every 5 years (from age 35) because my father has a history. It is so important to do. Thanks for the reminder. I need to make an appointment...it has been 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to tell you that here in Canada the standard is somewhat different. My husband had two precancerous polyps removed and the doctor insisted on another colonoscopy within 3 months, 6 months, 1 year. If he's clear after the last one then he goes to 3 years. So far the 3 month and 6 month have both produced another polyp and we hope the best for this upcoming test in May. If I were Craig I would probably have another not longer than one year from now. Just saying...I'm not a doctor, just going by our experience...ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it's good to be a nag! Thank goodness you didn't relent and that Craig will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...I am SO glad that Craig gave in. Give him our love and know that I am sending positive vibes to you both. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOHOO! That is fantastic news!
    Absolutely stoked for you both!
    But we knew everything would be ok - didn't we!
    You guys Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:03 PM

    I am so glad that you encouraged Craig to do this. I know that you will both continue to stay on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad everything is ok, kudos to you for encouraging him to get checked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Off the topic: But every time you use the phrase "Craig's Test," my head space says "Craig's List"! I'm so happy that things have been checked out. My 50 mark is in four years...and I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pre cancerous and get checked again in 3 years??? is that correct?? that sounds odd to me...

    ReplyDelete