Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm almost famous!


I spent yesterday in Muskegon, visiting my mom. I get back home and while checking my e-mail, discovered I won an award! Now, I've been blogging for 2 years , and it takes writing a post about a penis to get me an award? Go figure.
But I believe an acceptance speech is in order......
First, I'd like to thank the academy, and everyone who voted for me. I love you all!
Then I'd like to thank my Mom. For with out her, I wouldn't be here.
And in a strong supporting role, I'd like to thank my Dad. For with out him, I probably wouldn't be here.
Then, I'd like to thank my sister Linda, who only 1 year older than me, helped me to understand differing points of view. Like my Mom constantly said..."will you two quit arguing?" And my sister's reply..."we're having a healthy discussion!"
And I'd like to thank Craig, who for the last 31 years has been a constant source of amazement and support.
He expanded my interests. When all I wanted to do on vacation, was to go to the big city and hit the hot dance bars, he dragged took me out west to see things like the Grand Canyon (lots of rock and dirt) and repeatedly did this for years.(he never liked me dancing with other people)
He shared his interest in sports and his love for the Michigan State Spartans. (why do they go all season getting your hopes up, just to have them dashed at the end?)
He expanded my waist line. (damn! he's a good cook! And who wants to dance with a fat boy!)
And I'd like to thank...........what?....My times up!.........That's it?.........my 5 seconds of fame is over?......But Miss America gets a whole year?......
Of course she gets a crown, and all I got was a lousy e-mail.
It figures,
I should have known a penis couldn't last that long....oh well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

9 comments:

  1. "The Rising Blogger"?

    penis?

    Oh, this is too rich!

    but the news that I learned in your acceptance speech was - 31 years! You've just given me another bullet in my belt to shoot at my wing-nut "friends'" arguments. Congrats on that and best wishes as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! and LMAO!

    And now, should I be offended? It's not your first award you know... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    GREAT acceptance speech!And I am green with envy over your 31 year relationship. Perhaps some day, when I grow up, I might be able to say that(BIG GRIN).

    All the best,
    Ken, of San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Hahahahaha. :) Congratulations, Bro. :)
    I was pretty sure you guys had been together almost as long as we were.
    Congrats on that, too.

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!!!


    (drat! he didn't thank ME! sigh...)

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:15 PM

    Congratulations, Wayne...nice acceptance speech. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL... You should be getting an award for this post...Hilarious as it was...Thankyou for putting a smile on my dial once again! And well congrats on your first gong and lets see you on the red carpet again soon!...xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun ride? I won't go down that road...
    That's a splendid acceptance speech. And now I'm off to catch up on the Friday Funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Other than introducing you to the Spartans, (GO BLUE!) Craig sounds like a great guy. Congrats on 31years with

    ReplyDelete