Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

another trip

We've just returned from a little
trip with the big guy.
(what we call our motor home)
Took a quickie weekend to
Muskegon to see my Mom.
Stayed at Muskegon State Park.
Could't post, as no wi-fi in the park.
Here's an early morning shot from our campsite.
We were right on Muskegon Lake,
near the channel.
A very nice pull thru site.
Took Mom out for lunch at Finley's.
Mom and I had their ribs,(the best!)
and Craig had a Ruben sandwich.
Then to the club.(that's what we call the VFW)
We all had a nice visit.
After we got home yesterday,
it was back out in the yard,
digging and dividing.

I have over 275 plants for the plant sale.
And still have a few more things i want to divide.
Here's a few pics of what's blooming
in the yard right now.
First is a rock garden that is
in the front yard at the corner
of the driveway and sidewalk.
It is full of Hens and Chicks
in the summer, but in the spring,
it's loaded with Grape Hyacinths.
Next is a Japanese Quince,
with loads of orangey-pink flowers.
And 3rd, is a large hellebore,
I don't find the flowers so nice,
as I do the leaves that will follow.
And last is a big old Crab Apple tree
next to the house.
It's so old, it only blooms good
every other year.
Today it's cleaning up the
motor home for our next trip,
and more digging and dividing.
I'll keep you updated!

5 comments:

  1. I swear you must live in the midst of the municipal botanical gardens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 AM

    I was glad to hear that you and mom had a good time. :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics! I've never seen such a nice shot of Muskegon Lake. And your rock garden, again, I had no idea! It never even entered my mind to put flowers in the rock garden...duh! Gawd I wish my brain expanded a bit. I'm so 'stunted'.
    Glad you guys had a good mini trip and that you got to spend time with mom. I'm thinking we will be trying to see her this weekend...we better be anyway. Although, as dysfunctional as we are, I'll bet Bruce hasn't called to see if we CAN see her. She DOES have two other sons in the area she could be doing stuff with...argh! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely peek into your garden! I'm glad you had a good trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking nice. The crabapple tree is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete