Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, May 19, 2008

brrrrrrrr

It's been a very cold spring here in
Mid Michigan. It is currently 36 out
this morning.
I have been furiously working in the yard.
(I haven't even had time to read my favorite blogs!)
Now, with 360 plants potted up,
(can you believe it?)
it's now time to clean the yard up.
I'm sure some of the plant shoppers
will want to see the yard,
so I need to get it looking as good
as I can.
Cleaned up the paved paths yesterday,
burned a big pile of branches,
did some weeding, and sprayed
the gravel paths for weeds.
Today we're buying plants for the pots.
Hopefully we're done with frost.
Then it'll be weeding,
weeding, and more weeding!
And here's a few pics of
things blooming in the
yard right now.
Top pic is creeping phlox
along the pond path.
Then some pretty purple tulips.
A Burgundy leafed Cranesbill,
with light purple flowers,

and an Azalea by the deck.
Work has been very, very, busy.
And this week will be the same.
But it'll be a short week,
as we'll be closed for the
holiday weekend. Yaaa!

6 comments:

  1. It was a bit on the chilly side here too this morning. For us the cooler spring seems to have lengthened the blooming season of some of our spring flowers, so I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not chilly here today.92 degrees. But plenty of weeds need pulled so get that RV topped off and come on down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. precisely why we're condo/townhome shopping. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:05 PM

    beautiful yard, Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking good. I like the stone and gravel pathway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh just so pretty my friend. But then I could not imagine it any other way!

    ReplyDelete