Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Plant sale results

Well, the plant sale was a super success!
I started the sale at 9am with 370 plants. Here's a pic with me at the back of the rows and rows of plants.

I don't know how I managed to find so many without depleting my yard, but during tours of the yard during the sale, I saw more stuff I could have divided, had I had the time. But like I said, the sale was a huge success. In just 45 minutes, I sold over 350 plants! The next pic shows what was left at 10 am! And my sale was suppose to go to 2pm. Craig took down the signs at 10:15, since we had no more plants!
It was unbelievable! Masses of people grabbing everything they could get their hands on! I didn't even have any time to help people with selections. Every time I looked for something, it was already gone! So I spent the rest of the day apologizing to people as they came to the sale to find no plants left. And my take? $967.00! Can you belive it? Plants I dug out of my yard with nothing over $5. Well, I think I can get a bit of gas for the mo-ho with that!
And here's some more flowers in bloom right now....
Above a Peony, and below a Thalictrum aquilegifolium.
And above, 2 Rhododendrons.
I was thrilled with the sale, and the yards in good shape, and now we can play the rest of the summer!

13 comments:

  1. "...It was unbelievable! Masses of people grabbing everything they could get their hands on!..."

    Oh, **REALLY**??!!!! Everything???!!! ;)

    Man, I am *always* late for the party!

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:26 AM

    Congratulations on a very successful sale! I know you put a lot of work into it, so it is nice to know that it paid off. I know, too, that you priced the plants very reasonably, so people knew that not only were they getting quality plants, but plants for a very good price as well. It is definitely a win-win situation. I'm glad that all went well. Your yard and gardens continue to look amazing! Enjoy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:48 AM

    WOW!! Most all the plants gone in less than an hour? What a success!

    That was sure fast money in a short amount of time. Next year, 700 plants, you then can drive the motorhome to California!

    Congrats on the sale!
    Mark G. in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic. I should start doing this! How do you publicize it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Congratulations, Bro. That's great! :)

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn.
    That's all I gotta say.
    Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, it's odd....but I've seen probably 20 "Plant Sales" as I've traveled around Portland in the last week. I'm sure you'd have stopped and snooped at every one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am glad it went so well! I think that would be a fun thing to do. People love any kind of yard sale these days, it is almost a hobby for some people to drive around on Saturdays looking for sales. I think also because a lot of stores charge so much for plants it can limit a person on a budget, plus your plants looked a lot healthier than what some of the stores offer. Good for you Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Enjoy the rewards of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just the best news Wayne.
    I am so glad it was such a success & WOW at the time it took to sell them.

    Just awsome. I am so pleased for you.

    big hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you Wayne. "play the rest of summer"?You mean no weeding and mowing all summer? You lucky dawg!

    ReplyDelete
  12. UnFreakingBelievable! That is fantastic! You did so great and it was SO quick!!! I'm happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:26 AM

    People should read this.

    ReplyDelete