Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trip #7

We've just returned from trip #7. The summer is going fast! Just as 2 weeks ago, we went to the Saugatuck area, and again stayed at Campit Resort. Since I had to work Saturday, it was just a short 2 nighter. But the purpose of the trip was to meet a couple of RV'ers, Mark and Craig.

And here's a picture of all of us inside their Motor Coach.
(no, that's not a real fireplace above our heads)
Mark and Craig live in Memphis, TN.
They found my blog through John and Derek's blog.
And I found John and Derek's blog the the HitchItch blog,
which I found searching RV Full timing, which we thought we might want to do someday. Anyway.......They said they were coming through Michigan, and would like to meet us in person. Well, it's been so much fun meeting new people through my blog, I said, of course!
And so far, in person,we've met Mo, who lives in Dowagiac, (his store's link, The Wren's Nest is in my sidebar)
John and Derek, (our first trip this year to St Louis, MO.)
And now Mark and Craig.(sorry, no link. They don't have a blog themselves)
And they are all, just the nicest people!
After we got set up, Mark invited us over for drinks. I was really wanting to see their Coach. It's a beautiful 2008 Monaco Dynasty!
Here's a pic from the outside. Our mo-ho is in the background,
a few sites away.(took this pic on Sunday afternoon after most of the other campers had packed and left)
Had a great weekend with them. They were a lot of fun, and took us to some very good restaurants. We talked and talked, and laughed, and actually had a lot in common. Wish the weekend could have lasted longer, but we had to come back to Lansing, and they were on their way to Ypsilanti, MI. Working their way back to Memphis. I hope our paths cross again in the future.
Okay blog readers, I know I have some Chicago area readers, and we go there 2-3 times a year, so don't be shy, you can see Craig and I don't bite, so e-mail me, and let's meet on our next trip to Chicago! We love meeting the people who read my blog!

7 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the amount of traveling you guys do! It looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Wow. Fancy. Glad you had a good weekend though, even if it was short. :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, that coach looks like a Rock Star tour bus!

    *waving*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:51 PM

    Wayne, thank you for the kind words! We enjoyed spending time with you guys and truly hope that we can catch up again sometime.

    Mark and Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO! I love meeting people from the net...as you know since I married one. lol

    Sounds like the four of you had a great weekend! It's so cool you have the mojo and have such a great time.

    Hey, does Craig like meeting all the new people? He seems so quiet and 'retiring' at family events..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:07 PM

    W&C, Glad you got to meet Mark & Craig! They were great guys!

    Hope our paths cross again someday!


    John & Derek

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so groovy that you get to meet your fellow bloggers, especially making some camping buddies along the way.
    Glad you had a good time too.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete