Well, I decide today was the day to tear out the dash in the mo-ho.
The dash blower fan has been squealing, so the bearings are probably going.
So here's the dash, and me with my screwdriver. Now Newmar said I needed to take out the Instrument Panel Assembly first so as to be able to remove the dash cap. But Craig thought we should take out the drawer on the right side first, He thought the noise was coming from that side of the dash .
So, since that looked easy, that's what I did.
And wouldn't you know, there right under the drawer was the blower fan! Now was that luck or what! Usually my projects get more involved than I first think. But of course, I wasn't done yet! There were just 3 screws holding the fan in the assembly. I took them out and nothing. The fan wouldn't budge! I looked and couldn't find any reason it wouldn't come out, but it wouldn't budge. So, I e-mailed John for help. He figured it was just stuck from the foam seal and time. Told me to use a putty knife to gently pry it apart. So I did, and then it popped right off! Thanks John! Of course, then I have to find a replacement. I go to 3 different auto parts stores before I find a a place that knows what they're doing. I ended up at Napa Auto parts. This guy was on his game. Found the part in Indianapolis, and I should have it Thursday. I'll let you know if it all goes back together as easy as it came apart!