Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring is in the air

Good morning.
Another weekend over and it's back to work. And just in time for a weather warm-up of course. Most of the weekend was cold, windy and cloudy. Yesterday the sun came out, the wind died down and in the low 50's I was able to go outside and do some more yard work. And now that I'm going back to work, today is suppose to hit 70! and 80 by Friday! And of course, by the time my weekend rolls around again, it's suppose to drop back into the low 60's. Oh well.
Monday ended up as a lazy day. With crappy weather I was in no mood to do anything so I played on the puter all day. Craig did his usual bookwork and laundry, and for dinner made a tasty Tortilla Lasagna. It was very good and he made enough for leftovers, so that well be dinner tomorrow night.
Yesterday, with better weather, I did some more yard work, put out the deck furniture, and helped Craig change his PT Cruiser's winter tires to his summer tires.
We also picked up a balloon bouquet for our stylist Pat who is retiring Friday and dropped them off with a coupe of one time use cameras for the staff to take pics all week of her, them, customers, etc. for a final memento of her time with us. Friday I'll pic up and take in a cake we ordered and present her with gift cards we bought from a staff collection.
And for dinner it was Panko Chicken with fried cabbage and fried potatoes, yummy.
And... our first daffodil opened yesterday. In a couple of weeks, the yard will be bursting in bloom. Spring is nearly here!
Oh, and one more note, Mom has started her therapy on her newly healed fractured foot, and can take short walks. She's hoping to be well enough to go out to lunch with me when I go up for Easter. We'll see.
Now it's to the shower, and off to work!

2 comments:

  1. As typical with you - busy, busy, busy. I don't know how you do it for an ol, uh nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel great? It is like we are having a heat wave here. I walked to work today and even broke a sweat. I'm not complaining though!

    ReplyDelete