Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

a Big Bad BUG bit me!

Good morning.
It started Friday afternoon, after I returned from Sparrow Hospital. I had gone there to cut a customer who had fallen, broke her hip, and was not going home soon. She was actually being sent to a rehab facility that afternoon.
Anyway, after I got back to work, I felt a little scratchy spot in my throat. By that evening it had developed into a massive, swollen, sore throat. I felt miserable. I could hardly swallow through the pain. I took some meds and went to bed around 7pm. I awoke at 9pm drenched and freezing. I was running a fever, sweating profusely and freezing at the same time. Craig threw a couple of throws on top of the blankets. I lay there curled in a ball trying to stay warm. Around 1am I crawled out of the wet sheets and layed on top of the bedspread and under the throws. I tried sipping on water to stay hydrated but it was very painful to swallow. I got up around 5am, took some more meds, gargled with warm salt water, and curled up on the easy chair with the throws. I drifted in and out for the next couple of hours, getting up only to gargle with the salt water. Around 8am, I crawled to my customer files and called my 8:30 and 9:30 to cancel. I could barely speak, but they understood. Craig wanted me to wake him early so he could go in and cancel them for me. I couldn't see waking him up any sooner than he needed to. One of us should get a good nights rest. :-)
I snuggled up back on the chair and dozed off. Around 8:30, Craig comes out saying, "don't you have an 8:30?" I told him I called the first 2 so he could sleep. He took his shower, grabbed my files, and went off to work. He had to cancel the rest of the days appointments. I dozed off and on in the chair for most of the morning.
Around noon, I felt well enough to throw the sheets in the wash. Then layed back down. Around 1, I felt I should try and eat something, so I fixed a couple of scrambled eggs. I was able to carefully swallow them. My throat was still sore, but not near as sore as when I got up. I was dozing in the chair when Craig returned home around 3pm. He took my temp. It was 100.9. I felt exhausted and worn. I kept gargling and medicating. By dinner time, I managed to get down some Salisbury Hamburger Helper. The sauce and noodles made it easier, and my throat was doing a bit better.
I went to bed around 8pm, hoping I'd awake better. I had some night sweats off and on and at one point put a throw over the sheets so I'd have something dry to sleep on. I managed to get some sleep and when I awoke this morning, my neck is still quite swollen and tender, but my throat is feeling better to the point I can swallow pretty good. My temp this morning is back to normal. So I appear to be on the mend. :-)
I'm going to skip cleaning the Salon today, as I don't want to over do it to soon. Even though I'm feeling pretty good right now, It may be short lived. :-)
I'll go in early tomorrow. I hope to be back to normal by then.
I was so tired of laying around yesterday, that I did manage to work on the puzzle later in the afternoon, and finished it.
This one was fun to do. Lot's of different colors and textures.
Since I'll probably take it real easy today, I'll probably start the next one.
And I'm feeling a little hungry. That's a good sign, right?


  1. Ick, ick, ick. Glad you're feeling better. Just a 24 hour bug? No flu? No cold?

  2. Whenever Ken gets like that, he takes several hot baths a day.
    Glad to hear you're feeing better, bro! *Hugs* ♥

  3. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Wayne sorry to hear you are under the weather. Get well soon!!!


  4. I hope you get better soon. There is a lot going around down here too. Maybe you picked up something at the hospital?

  5. Glad you're feeling better. I hate when I feel the first tingles of that scratchy throat you described because I know what's coming. Arrrgh!

  6. Here's hoping you feel better PRONTO!