Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm back

I'm going to live. :-)
I'm actually feeling a lot better today, but am laying low and doing as little as possible.
This one really knocked the wind out of me.
I'm not used to getting sick, so I just try and suck it up and not let it get the best of me and continue on with life. Not this time, It just hit me like a ton of bricks. Ate me up and spit me out. Monday was the beginning, just an annoying cough. By Monday night, fever and chills. Tuesday, I was completely wasted, spending the day trying to rest in between the annoying cough I couldn't seem to tame. Wednesday, I felt a little better. Cancelled most of my appointments but my last 3. I had a 4:30 coming from out of town, and was going to be here just overnight. Felt I could go in and do her and the 2 after her. My fever had broke that morning, and I was feeling better. Bad choice. I actually felt pretty good when I went in around 3pm. I had a message that my 5:30 needed to change her appointment. I thought good, I'll be done early. Then my 4:30 called and was getting into town early, and could I do her sooner. I told her I could, but I had a cold. She didn't care, she needed her color done. All of a sudden, I wasn't feeling as good so I called my 5:00 to let her know I had a cold in case she might want to change and not be exposed. She said she could change, so that was good. My color came in and I got her done and came home. Just walking from the car to the house, I got so chilled, I took off my shoes, turned up the heat, and left my coat on and curled up on the easy chair with 2 throws. I spent the next 2 hours drifting in and out. Craig woke me up around 6:30 saying I needed to eat something. I forced down some hot dogs and fried potatoes. (is that what you fix a sick person?) I was completely spent, running a temp of 102 now. I just wanted to go to bed. Craig thought if I went to bed that early, I'd be up in the middle of the night. After all, I usually get by fine with 6-7 hours of sleep. I explained I was exhausted and my body just needed rest. I went to bed around 7:15. I awoke this morning at 6:30. I felt sooo much better. But I decided to take today off to regain my strength and make sure I truly get better. Instead of worrying about the customers and money, I need to take care of myself. I'm not use to that.
So I got up this morning, temp normal, and I was hungry. :-) Ate a bowl of soup. Woke Craig up and sent him into work to cancel my appointments. Watched a little TV, then took about an hour nap. Watched some more TV, (there sure is a lot of nothing on TV during the day) had some lunch. Felt up to doing a post, and now I think another nap is due. :-)
And that'll be it for the rest of the day, rest.


  1. Good idea to get a lot of rest. There is a lot of nothing on unless you have PBS or History or NatGeo. There's usually something interesting on one of those.
    Make sure you get Vitamin C from somewhere and have some chicken soup!
    *hugs* ♥

  2. Anonymous8:33 PM

    Wayne, we are glad to hear that your are feeling better. Hang in there!


  3. Glad to hear it's getting better. I hate being sick. Ugh!

  4. Funny about the hot dogs and potatoes. Is there truly any food that's better over an another? Does one have healing abilities? Eat what makes you "feel good". ;-)