Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

major projects done!

Good morning from a very warm Lansing.
It hit 90 yesterday. It was soooo hot! :-)
Here's a pic before and after of the driveway....



Looks better edged and sealed. I wouldn't say it looks as good as new, but a lot better. :-)

After I got Craig up yesterday, we went out and got patio paint for the front entry, another paint roller, and some grocery shopping.

Dropped that stuff off at home and went out to Claddagh Irish Pub for lunch. I had a chicken flat bread and Craig had the spinach flat bread. We split and shared so we had a taste of both. :-)

Back home, I got the rest of the deck stained.


Above, scraped and ready to stain, and below, done.


I also spot weeded the lawn again. It takes a few applications to get all the clover and creeping charlie out.


We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the heat.


For dinner, I grilled chicken thighs and zucchini, and sided them with long grain wild rice. This morning, I finished organizing and pricing all the stuff for my yard sale next Sunday. Took a bunch of pics to post on Craig's list later this week.


I think today will be a laid back day for a change. I've got the majority of the spring stuff done now, so we can enjoy the summer. :-)


Right now, it's a little to early to wake up Craig, so I think I'll spray up and work in the yard.....

3 comments:

  1. That's a HUGE driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Wow, the driveway does look a lot better! And, the deck too!

    MarkandCraiginsunnywarmdryPalmSpringsCalifornia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driveway does look good.

    Remind me again what you use for crack filler and weed killer.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete