Wednesday, August 31, 2011

mo-ho's new look

Good morning.
Here's the results of the grill project....
Above, you can see the grill with the left side missing, but the right side still in.
Surprisingly, the right side came our real easy. I was expecting the screws to be all rusted tight, but they came right out! :-)
We settled on using a screen door guard we found at Menard's. They had a bronze color that blended very nicely with the mo-ho.
I decided to attach the cutout screen material to the mo-ho by drilling small holes around the edge of the fiberglass opening, and securing it with wire.

Here's the finished left side...
And the right side before, and after.


It doesn't show up real good in this pic, but the screen looks great! Just click on the pic for a larger, better view. And I never liked the looks of the other grill sections anyway. :-)
Now we'll look to see if we can find a flexible bronze trim to give it a more finished look. And that may not be so easy. We'll see.
And would you believe it all took less than 2 hours for this project. :-)
And with that, another weekend over, and looks to be another busy week in the Salon.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 AM

    Wayne, that was a perfect repair..... looks professional!

    MarkandCraigInNewYork

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look professional, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Awesome job, Wayne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:22 PM

    It really adds a new refreshed look. No one would ever guess it wasn't factory installed. Good job.

    Mike/Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:04 PM

    See and ya saved $500! :)

    John

    ReplyDelete

Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.