Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, March 12, 2012

What a good day

Good morning.
It's currently raining this morning, but that's a lot better than snow.  :-)
Yesterday was beautiful. The nicest day so far. Sunny, calm, and mid 60's.
I took full advantage of it.
First off, cleaned and sealed the mo-ho rubber roof.
Looks pretty good for a 10 year old roof.  :-)


The roof wasn't real dirty. I don't know if the mild winter had anything to do with that.
My next job was removing fencing I put up in the fall along the creek around the arborvitaes to protect them from then deer. Then raked up all the debris 

This walkway goes along the top ridge by the creek, between the creek and arborvitaes screening the yard.
And speaking of the creek,  here it is. I'm looking toward the road, with my property on the right of the creek and the walkway just behind the arborvitae.
And here's looking down the creek past the back of my property.
It felt so good to be back outside.  :-) We even got the deck furniture out. Spring appears to be coming early this year. At least, so far.  :-)
Then Craig and I watched our Spartans beat Ohio State to win the Big Ten Tournament.

So, it turned out to be a great day!
And of course, Craig's turkey was delish, along with his home made scalloped potatoes and steamed cauliflower.
And with that, time to get going.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 PM

    I know that you guys have lived in your house for a long time. I'm surprised developers haven't built track homes/estates around you. Looks like you have lots of privacy!

    Mark&Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although small, the creek looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete