Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

And back to work

Good morning.
Another cold wet morning, thanks to Sandy. Winds have dies down a lot, but the clouds and rain are expected to continue for the next couple of days.
Sooo, another day stuck inside. We of course did our usual running around. Looked for a replacement belt for our lawn mower, but had no luck. Back home I searched online to discover our mower is 15 years old. The model number I punched in showed the mower was a 1997 model. Didn't realize we'd had it that long.  I was able to find a belt online. It took a little searching to find a decent price. You have to be careful, because a good list price will not reflect the actual cost when shipping is figured in. I found shipping costs anywhere from $8 to $19. I'm thinking they get you with a low list price, but you end up paying the same or more than other sites. The companies web site wanted $53 with shipping, I found it at Upstate Power Equipment for a final cost of $48.
Spent the rest of the day playing on the puter.
We did try a new chicken recipe for dinner. Herb Chicken with an apricot/mustard sauce with roasted butternut squash and onions.

We added steamed broccoli for a very tasty meal! Of course, if your interested, the recipe is here.
I'm heading into the Salon early today. Our calendars were delivered yesterday, and I need to count, divide, and write up invoices for each staff for their share of the order.
So time to get ready and get going.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the shipping issue. It's all over the place for price and makes a big difference in pricing.

    ReplyDelete