Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

end of my weekend report

Good morning.
The weather has been fairly decent for this time of year. 40's at night, and mid 60's to near 70 during the day.
I managed to get a few pics on our drive to and from the campground last weekend.
The leaves are starting to change quite fast now.


I've also Been working on downsizing another flower bed.
I didn't reduce it as much as the other one, but in the spring, every little bit will help.  :-)
And here's a few more pics of the first area I reduced with grass coming in nicely.

And you can see how worn and tattered the plants look. It's that time of year when they are focusing on storing up they're root systems for the long winter dormancy coming.  I'll soon be cutting back everything, as I clean up the beds for winter.
My back is doing okay. I'm still waking up with a sore tight back, but I am sleeping good through the night. I'll go to the massage place every other day, and continue my exercises. I'll give it another week, before I decide if other measures are needed. But at least, I'm good enough to get a good nights sleep.
Also, on our last trip, 2 light bulbs were burned out over the dining area, and I only had 1 replacement, so off to Walmart we went. They seemed to be the only place that had these type of bulbs. Anyway, when we went in, they had an area set up for flu shots, so we stopped and got ours. I'm always a bit nervous about getting it since our friend Mark had a bad reaction to one he got. But I'm fine this morning, and with the type of work I do, it's good protection.  :-)
And with that, it's time for another work week, and it's looking like a real busy one.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your back is still mostly well.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Wayne, it took about 10 days before the flu shot attacked my spinal cord and paralyzed me from the neck down for two weeks. At almost 3 yrs., I'm almost 100% recovered. I'm just so happy to be alive! It was a one-and-a-million event, so with that kind of luck, I'm buying lottery tickets! LOL!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete