Well, as usual, the weatherman was wrong again.
Monday, it rained a brief period early, and was sunny most of the day, and Tuesday, it looked like it wanted to rain, but didn't. So much for a 70% chance of rain.
Soooo, I took advantage of that and did some more work in the yard.
We have a fountain out in the yard, and I had Mother of thyme planted in it. Some years it looks great, and other years not so much. This was one of those years. Once it started to grow, I could see it was half dead. It's done this before, and I usually sort out the dead stuff, thin the good stuff and replant. Not this year. Because it's a raised bed, it can get very dry during the winter if we don't have much snow fall. This past winter was one of those, and so it drys out to much and dies off. So, I decided to tear it all out, and replant with a creeping sedum that thrives in dry soil.
I also did a bunch more weeding, and I'm surprisingly in good shape for so early. Downsizing flower beds has accomplished what I intended. Less weeding. And it should also help in the fall, with less deadheading.
Also, we cleaned out the dryer vent. This is what we took out of the chute, after the lint screen.
And as promised, here's a few pics of some tree peonies that have begun blooming...