Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, August 26, 2013

a day with Mom

Good morning.
I think it's time I did a post, don't you?
So, the work week ended pretty busy.
Saturday afternoon, we got in our power walk, and then relaxed on the deck. The warm weather continues, but it's turned into a very dry period. I've been watering, although the gardens tend to look a bit ragged this time of year anyway.
Sunday, after I cleaned the Salon, we headed over to Muskegon to help my Mom celebrate her 80th birthday.
The building she lives in is fairly old and they are now doing a complete remodel, which means, new kitchen, bathroom, furnace, air conditioner, and floors. She was very happy when I arrived as they had finished the kitchen cabinets, counters and repainted, and her living room, (which is pretty small as it is) was filled with boxes full of all her kitchen stuff. I spent a good hour putting everything back where she wanted it. I would imagine the workers would have done that, when they returned, but Mom was feeling claustrophobic, with only enough room to get into her chair. We put all the boxes at the end of the hall so the workers could use them for the next apartment.
The new kitchen and bath look very nice.
After that, I emptied her trash, cut her hair, and off to Applebee's for lunch we went.
then it was to the VFW for drinks and pull-tabs. The place got packed shortly after we arrived, as a memorial for a deceased member was beginning at 2pm in the adjacent hall. When just about everyone went next door, we proceeded to play some pull-tabs. The first $20 got us a measly $5 back. pretty much our usual. But the next $20 got us a $150 winner! I split the prize with Mom, and was happy to win enough to pay for lunch.
Stopped at the store on the way back for some groceries, and got her back to her apartment and us back to Lansing.
This morning, while Craig sleeps in, I cleaned the bathroom, and washed 2 cars.
And now that I've finished this post, time for a shower.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping Mom with the boxes. I'm not sure they would have emptied them.
    She told me you won. Glad you had a great time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No before and after photos of the remodel?

    ReplyDelete