Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, September 20, 2013

how to clean a grill.

Good morning.
A couple people asked how I get my portable grill of 8 years still looking so good.
First off, it's heavy steel construction.
Also, since I only use it when we're camping, it's not exactly getting a lot of use. And i try to clean it a couple of times during the season.
But anyway, first off, I get a tub.
This is a heavy plastic tub used for mixing concrete in. You can get one at any home improvement store.
Fill a large pail with hot soapy water, pour it into the tub.

Here's the filthy grill.
Take out the rack,the upper rack, and the heat shield and put then in the tub to soak.
Then i used a putty knife to scrape the build up off the bottom.
Then, with a plastic mesh covered sponge, I scrub the inside with the soapy water.
After soaking for about half an hour, I use the putty knife on the heat shield, and the sponge on the rest.
 Rinse everything with the hose, and reassemble.
And it looks almost good as new!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you all have a great weekend, too, Wayne!

    ReplyDelete