Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, August 18, 2014

a busy week

Good morning.
I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted! But then It was an extremely busy week.
I was completely booked last week even working late Friday and Saturday.
Came home Saturday afternoon and just vegged on the deck.
Sunday morning, after I cleaned the Salon, we headed over to Muskegon to spend the day with my Mom. August is her birthday month, and I usually can't make it there on her actual birthday due to my work schedule, so I go when I can. Cut her hair, took out her trash, and went through a pile of folders and papers she didn't know what to do with. I saved a few items but most I shredded or threw out. Most of them dealt with her rehab and accident back in 2010.
Then we went to lunch at Applebee's and then over to the VFW.
Stopped at the store to get  a few items for her and got her back to her apartment. The drive home was long due to a lot of traffic, road construction, and an accident that stopped us dead on the highway for about 30 minutes. When we finally reached the accident site, all I saw was a van on it's back in the median and fire trucks, police, and an ambulance on the side of the highway.  But we made it home safe.   :-)
Had a couple of cocktails on the deck, then Craig did a quick cash-out from last week, and I made us a light dinner.
Oh, and last Thursday, I received an email from our Realtor in Vegas. One of the reasons this whole short sale is taking so long is the mortgage is held by Fannie May. She said they are notoriously slow.
The listing agent escalated the file with them due to their slow response.  She said when that happens they typically see some action in about 7 days. So maybe we'll hear something this week. It's only been 4 1/2 months.  :-)
And now, time to get going.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you got home safely!
    Ah. Fannie May and Freddie Mack. Never good.
    But hopefully this bodes well for your bid!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete