Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

a wet weekend begins

Good morning.
I've just returned from cleaning the salon. It's been raining 2 days straight right now. While cleaning the Salon, I discovered a puddle of water back near the hood dryers. We have a roof leak. Fortunately for us, it's a small leak, and in the same place that we seem to get every few years. I think it's next to the big roof-top heating and air unit. So I'll wait until Monday to call. I just put a big bucket under the area.
After work Saturday, we went out to Lowe's and picked up patio paint for the front patio, and paint swatches for house trim paint.
We have a brick house, but some of  the windows and some of the trim are wood. Fortunately, our eaves are vinyl. The trim around the garage doors and a few windows are starting to peel. I don't even remember when the last time we painted them. We like the cream color they are, and want to match that as close as possible. I also need to get a piece of trim board. While checking around the windows and doors, I discovered a small section of rotting wood at the bottom side of our entry door. I'll need to cut that out and repair and paint.
I also called the Clark County Assessors office out in Vegas. We are suppose to get a statement about our property taxes in May. The tax year starts July 1st. I need to make sure they know the house is still being used as a primary residence so we can get the 3% cap. I hadn't received it yet so called to find out they are 2-3 weeks behind due to puter upgrades that delayed them.
And here's a few pics I took Friday after I mowed......





The flower beds are really starting  to come alive. My gardens seem to peak between early June and early July.
Now time to go.

1 comment:

  1. We are going to be looking forward to a dry spell. Maybe a week without rain, if we are lucky. Our veggie garden has been under water for a couple days now. Even the plants on hills are looking peaked.
    The cucumbers love it, but I think we will lose all 8 tomato plants.
    Enjoy your weekend if you can!

    ReplyDelete