Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

another busy productive weekend

Good morning.
It's been a busy 2 days.  I painted the front patio on Monday. I also replaced a vent cover. More on that in a bit.
I took a bunch of pics for my yard sale next Sunday. Craig's list now lets you post unlimited pics for your sale. Very nice.
I also placed an ad in the local paper. $28.00 Want to get as many people here as possible. Now, I just hope it doesn't rain.  :-)
I got an e-mail this morning about a breach at Sally Beauty. One of the several places we buy salon supplies from. So now I need to check my charge card statement several times a week to make sure I wasn't one of the compromised accounts.
I also cleaned the grill. painted the vent cover,  re-caulked the picture windows, and spot treated the lawn.
Here's the before and after of the grill......

 The vent cover is in the lower left of the picture.
 Back in the 50's, it had a door that milk, which was delivered back then, was put in side of it. The metal door had rusted years ago, and we covered the hole with a board, and a gable vent cover since we couldn't possibly match the brick.
Over the last 30 years, it had gotten bent and worn, so time to replace.
We found a plastic cover, covered the vents with trim board and caulked it in place.
Looks good!
Then I scraped and re-caulked the 3 picture windows. They almost look like new!
 And for dinner, Craig made another delish meal!
Grilled pork cutlets, 0ven roasted Cauliflower.
And grilled seasoned potatoes

Yummy, Yummy!
And the mommy duck that was nesting under a holly bush about 20 ft from our deck finally hatched her babies. We came home yesterday to find her and 4 little duckling in our pond. They hung around a bit, then mommy duck led them across the yard and out toward the back woods and fields, never to be seen again.
Now time for another work week.....at the Salon.

1 comment:

  1. I hate caulking windows. I am terrible and the caulk goes everywhere!

    Have a great, safe week!

    ReplyDelete