Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

took a little fall.

Good morning.
Another wet morning. We had some rain yesterday and also last night with scattered rain predicted today and tomorrow.  Bit nothing like the fires in the northwest, or the hurricane barreling toward Florida. Guess we did pick a pretty good place to retire. The biggest natural danger around here is a possible earthquake. But even that's pretty remote.
Here's a few pics I took on a morning walk Wed.....
A full moon...
And pictures from the path through our golf course.
The trail through the golf course is very nice, but dangerous! While I was looking up at the full moon trying to get the perfect pic, I hit a crack in the trail that had a raised edge. I tripped and went flying.
Fortunately, I didn't break anything. Just a few scraps and bruises...


I picked myself up, and was bleeding from my arm and hand. I made it to a water station and rinsed my wounds the best I could. Then I walked about 15 minutes back to the house. Fortunately, I didn't bleed too much on the way back. Got out the hydrogen peroxide and cleaned my wounds a bit better, and now everything is scabbing up nicely. The worst part of the spill is the last couple of days I've been very sore in my arms and legs. Obviously the tumble battered me in places that didn't get scraped. But I'm on the mend.   :-)
Yesterday, we went down town to the Friday Farmers Market, then lunch at Triple George Grill. Finally used up the last of the gift certificate we had. Then we wandered up and down Fremont Street people watching. I'd take and post some pics of the 'entertainer', but they expect tips when you do that. There are some really odd street performers down there.   But it's all part of the Fremont Street 'experience'.   :-)
Well, that's all the news for now......

2 comments:

  1. Mom said you hurt your ankle?
    There are street performers like that in New Orleans.
    Glad you didn't get seriously injured in your fall. Aches and bruises are to be expected, unfortunately, when you get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judge Judy said on her show that there are two words for a long life, DON'T FALL. So true when you think about it. Be careful out there!

    MarkandCraiginTN

    ReplyDelete