Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

We got an Instant Pot

Good afternoon.
It's been nearly a week since my last post, but that's because I haven't done anything.    :-)
I've been either walking every morning or going to the fitness center. Later, after Craig gets up, we walk again. Bought our 3rd turkey today along with a ham. They had shank hams for $.98 lb. We'll have that for Christmas and save out other turkeys for January and Feb. Out Realtor is again offering pies for Thanksgiving, and we'll pick ours up on Wed.  Very nice of them to do this every year. But it does keep their business in our minds.
After that delicious beef stroganoff we had at our neighbors last Sat. we decide to get us a pressure cooker. After much research, I ordered on on Amazon.
It's an Instant Pot Duo 60 6qt 7-1 programmable cooker.  Our neighbors beef was so tender and that's what she cooked it in. We'll give it a try tomorrow. I'm thawing a beef roast as I write this. The recipe booklet that came with the cooker says it'll cook in just 40 minutes. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. What's nice with this cooker is 1, it's electric. 2, it's all digital/ programmable. 3, it's a lot safer than the old pressure cookers in that it won't start unless the top is properly secured. So it should be virtually impossible for the top to blow off.   Let's hope it works as expected.    :-)
I guess that's it for right now...

1 comment:

  1. I have another blog I follow, and she swears by hers. We usually do our roasts in a crock pot, but I've been thinking of maybe trying an Instant Pot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete