Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

a post

Good morning.
I've just returned from my morning walk. A neighbor joined me this morning. They have just returned to Vegas for the winter after spending Christmas back in Normal Ill. They got out just before the freeze!    :-)
It was nice to have someone to chat with during the walk. Made it go a lot more quickly.    :-)
And here's a pic I took the other day walking.....
Yes, I'm bundled up with a coat, hoodie and earmuffs. The mornings have been cold at around 40. 
The Spring Mountains and a section of the golf course are behind me. You can see where most of the grass is brown. That's the 'summer' grass that goes dormant in the winter. In the fall, they over seed the greens and main fairways with annual rye for the golfers like in the pic below....
And if you click on the pic and look really close, you'll see snow up on Mount Charleston.
And a neighbor dropped off these cookies yesterday....
Cranberry Oatmeal cookies. They were yummy! It was a big plate of cookies but we ate half of them before I thought of taking a pic.    :-)
Have I said how many nice neighbors we have?
And we finished the afternoon with cocktails on another neighbors patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment