Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Venice

Good morning.
I've just returned from my morning walk.
Beautiful out this morning. Sunny and 70.
Back in Santa Monica, here's a very large unusual flowering plant we saw....
It was pretty impressive.
One day, we headed over to Venice Beach. It's a 2 mile walk from the Santa Monica pier, or and easy bus ride, which is what we did.
Venice beach is a very eclectic area. Was a lot of fun people watching

I thought I took more pics, but my phone only has these 3.   :-(
Besides people watching, there were a lot of shops and numerous tattoo parlors. Apparently some people come to Venice to get tats.   :-)
And here's a tree near our hotel....
I've never seen trees with loaded with such pretty purple flowers! But we saw a lot of beautiful flowers and plants here.
So that was our little trip to Santa Monica. Was a very enjoyable trip. Saw a lot of cool stuff, and had a nice time. Most importantly, we got there safe, and got home safe. And no massive highway delays.
Our next big trip will be back to Michigan this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment