Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

birthday fun and pie

Good morning.
I've returned from my morning walk. A beautiful 58 out this morning.
This weekend is our communities bi-annual neighborhood yard sale. I took my done puzzles and a few other things over to a neighbors sale since I didn't have enough for one myself.
Made $4.  :-/
I'll take the rest of the puzzles and donate them to goodwill.
And here's my 2 latest puzzles I've done....
And if you remember, we went down to Fremont st for my Birthday, and spent the night at the D.
Had a good time. Didn't do too bad gambling. Kind of broke even.
Here's a pic of Craig at on the the sidewalk restaurants....


And above, here  is Craig on Fremont St. You'll notice all the pics are of him since I have the phone and he doesn't like talking pics. He is trying to show a guy from the Netherlands where we lived in Michigan. You can see the "D" where we stayed the night is right behind Craig.
We even had White Castle hamburgers for dinner!
So I had a very nice birthday. It was fun people watching. Between the tourists and street performers, always a lot of interesting sights.
Then with Black Seedless grapes on sale for .77 lb, I decided to make a grape / cherry pie.

Had half a bag of frozen cherries I mixed with the grapes. Boy, is it good!
Well, that's it for now.....

2 comments:

  1. We love eating black grapes for a snack. Would never have thought to bake them in a pie.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Have you ever eaten frozen grapes? What a treat to bit into a frozen grape, or add them to drinks for a little melting and then bit into them.

    ReplyDelete