Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, December 06, 2018

Pansies, pie and puzzles

Good morning.
Just got back from my walk. A cool 46 out this morning. Very cloudy out also, which is unusual. We have a chance of rain today.
And here's another puzzle I completed a few days ago....
And I made another grape pie......
They had grapes on sale for .88 a lb. Craig wanted a mixture of black and red grapes in this one. And as usual, I put a pecan crumb topping on it.
And my latest puzzle.....
And another pic of our lights......
We also went to the local nursery and bought some pansies and ornamental cabbage. I have 5 pots I put annuals in.  With our weather, we have several different planting times. Pansies and cabbage grow well here in the winter. And they'll look good until about March. Then I plant mainly vinca which likes the heat, then in the early fall I plant daisies, petunias, dianthus, and any annuals that normally  grow back in Michigan in the summer. I'm also trying Geraniums in one pot. They are looking really good right now, and should last most of our 'winter' as the do better in colder weather. We'll see.
I also have a perennial type bush that is just starting to bloom called Euryops, and it'll bloom all winter. It has yellow daisy like flowers.
I think that's it for now...
Oh, and I saw 4 coyotes out on the golf course this morning. I wonder if they'll head back to the mountains when the rabbit population is about shot.  Or, maybe they'll start going after little dogs that people walk in the morning. I have seen people walking with golf clubs, which I imagine are to beat off the coyotes should they try to take their doggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment