Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Back to normal.

Good afternoon.
Things have gotten back to some normalcy and routine.  Craig has finally recovered from whatever he had, and we're back to our daily routine.
It's been raining here all day. The most rain I've seen at one time since we moved here.
So I kept myself busy inside, baking a blueberry pie, dusting and vacuuming.
And of course, puzzles. here's the latest ones......

And here's the apple/cranberry pie I made last week.....
You'll have to look close, but here's some pics of snow over on Mt Charleston that I can see on my morning walks......



And that's the only place I want to see snow.   :-)
I've also finalized plans for a summer trip back to Michigan, a spring trip over to Yosemite National Park, and a fall trip to New Orleans. And hopefully, if I don't completely  wear out Craig, a week back in Flagstaff, with a side trip to the Grand Canyon. So possibly a busy year.
I did manage to get all the bushes and plants trimmed back that needed to be before the warm weather gets them growing again.
I'm still in a big learning curve with plants and desert growing out here.
I forgot to cover and protect my Elephant Food plant during the real cold spell, and it looks like 90 % of it died. I trimmed it the best I could. We'll see if it makes a roaring comeback when the weather warms, or if it will need to be replaced.
I'm still learning!   :-)

1 comment:

  1. New Orleans in the fall?
    Glad to hear Craig is feeling better.

    The local station was saying this... El Nino? is expected to last through the spring - however long that is.

    ReplyDelete