Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, May 12, 2019

time whizzes by!

Good morning.
I don't know what exactly I've been doing, but the time sure does fly by!
 I do walk every morning. Usually around 40 -50 minutes. Then on Saturdays, after my walk, I hit the gym.
I'm getting the mail for 3 neighbors right now, and 3 days last week, I was doggie watching also.
I made another apple/cranberry pie....
With a pecan crumb topping.
It was delicious! Finished it yesterday.
Of course, always another puzzle.....
And here's a few flower pics....
Red Lantana in my front yard..... And below, Purple trailing Lantana, and Bells of Fire bush in the back yard.
Wednesday, we had storms roll through the valley and drop nearly an inch of rain!
So far, we've had 4.5 inches of rain this year. Our yearly average is 4.19, so we've had quite a bit!
Pics on my walk.....
The cactus sure do get big pretty flowers!
A Yellow Lantana.....
Here's a list of our upcoming trips.....
1. Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Yosemite National Park, and Death Valley National Park.
2. Flying back to Michigan.
3. Grand Canyon National Park,
4. Flying to New Orleans,
and 5. Moab, Utah seeing Monument Valley, Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park.
So a busy Summer and Fall.
And it does take a lot of time plotting out the trips, calculating driving times, researching sights and booking hotels.
As time marches on, trying to keep busy. Think I'm doing a pretty good job of that!   :-)

1 comment:

  1. I guess water wise, we've had an equivalent amount here. They've had to open one of the floodways for a second time this year. Apparently that is unheard of. But got to try to keep New Orleans dry.

    Your flowers look really nice. I bet it's nice not having the big yard you used to have.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete