Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

post Michigan trip.

Good evening.
I figured it was about time to do a post on my trip to Michigan.
The last post showed you a pic of me and my Mom. Here's one of me in Lansing with the woman and her husband that bought my Salon....
Not a very good pic. I don't know why.
Anyway, my brothers spent the entire weekend before we moved Mom, getting her furniture in the new place and getting it all set up so she would hopefully feel at home. It was quite the adjustment for our Mom. Going to an unfamiliar place with a completely different setup. She got used to the nursing home where everything was done for her and the new place expects her to do most of everything for herself.
But our flight to Grand Rapids MI went well. We left at the crack of dawn on a Wed. arriving in Michigan late that afternoon. After getting our luggage, and the car rental and checking into our hotel, grabbed a bite to eat at a sports bar next to the hotel.
The next morning, we got up early, (remember, MI is 3 hours ahead of Vegas) and drove to Muskegon. I was able to get my Mom's hair cut before they discharged her at 11am, and I took her over to the new place. She seemed to like the large room and private bath.  Brian, Louie and his wife Bonnie worked to get everything put away and organized that we brought from the nursing home. They came and took Mom to lunch and we chatted while they finished up. Mom came back and we visited a bit and then left for the drive to Lansing.
Spent 2 days there visiting friends and former co-workers. Then back to Muskegon on Sunday morning to see Mom for a bit before we headed back to Grand Rapids. We were supposed to fly out on Monday at 12:27pm, but got continuously delayed until we finally flew out at 1:45 am!!!  We were in the airport for nearly 13 hours!! They did give us $100 voucher each, and $16 food voucher for a meal.
Didn't get back to Vegas until 2:30 am Vegas time. We were exhausted!!
But we've finally recovered. All in all, we got there safe, and got home safe, so a good trip.
I'm happy I got to see Mom, but sad she doesn't like the new place. Hopefully the place will grow on her. She didn't care for the nursing home at first either.
Now, it's only 8pm, but I'm going to bed. Still tired from the trip I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment