Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sunny Sunday

Good afternoon.
More beautiful sunny weather. A little warm at around 105 this week, but with the humidity at 1% and our patio misters, very comfortable.
I'm currently keeping an eye on 4 houses right now. Ironically, they are all side by side.  I'm getting mail for 3 of them.
On my walk around the houses, all of which face the golf course, I found this on one of the patios......
That's a golf ball sitting there. These homes are quite a ways from the fairway, but there sure must be a lot of bad golfers, as I'm picking up golf balls every few days. Then, on one of my morning walks, I see this.......
A poor little snake someone crushed with a stone. It was about a foot and a half long and about the thickness of my thumb. It wasn't a rattler, so pretty harmless.  Why can't people leave creatures alone. I myself haven't seen any snakes around, but people on Nextdoor have commented about them here in our community. But we do have a large pond, the golf course that weaves through us, and lots of greenery, so a nice place for all kinds of creatures.
And then, we had another full moon.
This view, across the street from our community, is going to change pretty quick as they have been prepping the land to build more homes. I think a total of 3000 or so will be built there eventually.
And I just can't believe all the homes they are building all around this area. But Vegas is a popular place to move to. People retiring like we did, and people from California looking for cheaper homes, taxes, and less congestion.
I guess that's all I have for now....

1 comment:

  1. It is sad that people don't realize that snakes keep down the rodent population. Even poisonous snakes have their place -- as long as it's away from people.

    Too bad about the view. It's pretty nice right now.

    ReplyDelete