Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

a little late again!

Good afternoon.
Been a very busy week!
 Here's a couple more puzzles I did.....

And our neighbor and fellow morning walker, Barbie, who's husband passed away 10 days earlier, arrived in Vegas last Friday, and Craig and I picked her up.
We didn't want her first trip back to Vegas without her husband to have to Uber the 18 miles to her house all by herself.
Craig got the idea to dress up like a 'chauffeur' and stand there waiting as she came off the plane and through security. She 'loved' it! And was sooo happy we picked her up.
Another neighbor, Gloria and Dave invited us all over for dinner that evening, which was very good!
After dinner, Barbie sent me a text and asked me to come over and sit with her as she was feeling very lonely. We sat and talked until she was tired enough to go to bed.
Saturday, Barbie, Craig and I went to lunch at BJ's. She seemed in better spirits. I imagine she'll have good days and bad as different things trigger emotions. Sunday afternoon, a group of neighbors got together on her patio. Monday, we did lunch again, this time at Big Dog's Tavern.
Today a group of 10 neighbors are getting together for Taco Tuesday. Then on Thursday, She has old friends from Wisconsin coming out for a week, so I'll get a break from entertaining her.  :-)
Other than that, I've been cleaning and working on puzzles.

1 comment:

  1. May God comfort your friend. My condolences for her loss.
    Apologize for the late reply.
    Great idea to pick her up as a chauffeur. Good way to lighten a heavy mood.

    ReplyDelete