Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

KILL THE RABBIT!

After the freezing rain and snow, I went out to pick up all the branches that broke out of the trees. We have two large Chinese Elms. They are very twiggy and brittle trees. They will drop branches if you look cross eyed at them, I swear! Anyway. Hauling them back to the burning pile, I noticed RABBIT TRACKS! You may think, so what? But unless your a gardener, you don't understand. My entire back yard is enclosed with chicken wire, to keep critters out. But occasionally some get thru. I've planted a vast quantity of unusual plants and shrubs. Rabbits will eat most anything in the winter, and as I've found, they will, EAT THEM TO THE GROUND! So,
I MUST KILL THE RABBITS!
Actually, I live trap them,
and put them in my
Wayne Relocation Program!
I take them very far away
and release them on other
unsuspecting people.

Here's a pic of the traps I've set.
I'll update this when I've caught
the little Bastards!

OH, and for those city folks who
don't know what a Rabbit
looks like, here's a pic of the
little bastard!
You wouldn't think that they
could eat that much, but they are
VERY HUNGRY!







2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 AM

    I needed some good laughs this morning. Of course, I do feel for you. Rabbits do equal 'no plants'.

    Good luck with your relocation program. :)

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wayne, I reading backwards thru your posts. Just got to the explanation behind the rabbit traps, and I gotta say: the pic of the rabbit that says "rabbit" made me laugh out loud! Thanks, I needed that today!
    Morgen

    ReplyDelete