Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm a $20 haircut


While working yesterday, a couple of women came in the salon and stood next to the front counter.

Me, working closest to the front, greeted them and asked what I could do for them. One of them inquired as to how much was a haircut. Explaining that we were a chair rental salon and all the stylist's were independent contractors and set their own prices, I quoted them a price of $15 -$20. She asked if someone was available for a $15 haircut. I said I'd check, and excused myself from my customer and went in back to see who was still here. After seeing there was no one available I apologized and told them the rest of us were booked for the afternoon. They asked if it would be better to make an appointment, and I responded yes. They asked if someone could cut their hair tomorrow, and I explained I could give them a stylist business card and they would have to call because I didn't know what hours they work each day since they set their own hours. They said they were tired of going to Bo Rics and getting lousy haircuts. I wanted to say, you get what you pay for, but instead I said yes, you never know what you're going to get there. And then one of them said, Your probably a $20 haircut, and I replied, yes I was. Then as she left, she said, maybe sometime I'll splurge for a $20 haircut.

After she left, Patty, Craig and I looked at each other and started laughing, wondering how I looked like a $20 haircut!

12 comments:

  1. I thought you were a $19.37 haircut...how could I have been so blind.

    Your realize that once spring becomes summer that the flower pics will switch to you!!! I am a spring flower pic taker. You look like you have a bountiful summer garden. Cheers!

    Interesting and fun bit of music you have playing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA She wanted to get one of YOU! Or maybe she wanted her hair cut just like yours. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny!!! Maybe you just look high maintenance. Not sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Ha, Ha!! I was there, I think she wanted $20.00 man! (Wayne, that is!) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, does that $20 include the tax? Cause I'm certainly not putting out more than a $20. That's, like, 25% higher than the $15 cut....dont' forget. (I'd pay the $20 and give you a nice tip....and I may even give you some money too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember the last time I only spent 20 bucks on a haircut.

    If you pay 12 bucks for a haircut, you know what you get? A haircut that looks like it cost 12 bucks. That's what!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:35 PM

    OMG!! only $20. for a haircut?? I've been paying close to $40. for years. The pains of living in a big city I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually pay $11 (well, ten plus a dollar tip) for a barber shop haircut. I'd gladly pay $20 (I think that's very reasonable for a stylist-cut!)if I could find a gay stylist and find it hard to believe that they walk into a salon and go all "wal-martian" with their wallet!

    I think you showed great restraint from not commenting about their current "Bo-Rics" shag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Will you do me for 20 bucks?...wait that sound very familiar...wonder why lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. If she does come back, I would not expect too much of a tip from Lady Bo-Rics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Bo-Rics? LOL. First she says she's tired of getting crappy haircuts and then she quibbles about the price. Gotta love people

    ReplyDelete
  12. A good barber is priceless. I have been following mine around since I found him. He finally opened up his own shop and while it is a little further I go and tip he great. It is amazing how much more than just cutting hair you get from you folks.

    ReplyDelete