Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Easy come, Easy go!

It's been such a busy week and weekend!
Last week was the busiest week in the Salon this year!
Not sure why, but enjoy the extra income! But very tiring.
And it's been a wonderful weekend in the yard. Mid 70's all weekend. So unusual for mid October. Normally, we'd be lucky to hit 60. Spent a lot of time cutting down all the perennials.
On the downside, Took my truck in for a brake issue. Had a very spongy brake pedal. Also had an oil change. And a slow leak in the front tire. They called this afternoon and said front rotors and pads need to be replaced, the back so and so needs to be replaced, the transmission needs something, the coolant is bla bla bla, and so on. When said and done, $1317.00!
And of course, what can I say but 'okay'.
I took it to the Ford dealer thinking they will be honest about what needs to be done. So I'm kinda stuck when they say something like this.
I know nothing about vehicles.

But I sure didn't need this bill.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:10 AM

    Let's commiserate! Cars are money pits. I just had my VW in for state inspection. When I got it back a week later, it was new rear brakes, all four brake rotors, timing belt, water pump, new sparks plugs, new spark plug wires, new AC condenser. Let's just say I'll gladly trade you bills!

    I'd suggest meeting somewhere and crying in our beers, but I'm not sure either of us could afford it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the thing with cars and trucks, it is nothing to get a bill for a thousand dollars. What can we do, my balcony is not big enough to support a horse!

    Steven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never take my vehicles to dealers. If I can't or don't have the time to do it, the vehicle goes to a trusted mechanic.

    You can save 20% or more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:30 AM

    always ask what is necessary and what is just preventative. The brakes, well im going to guess necessary, the rest? always ask for an estimate first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:34 PM

    *hugs* :)

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like you I prefer the dealer thinking they at least know the darn car but. . . They got you by the balls when you leave it with them. I've had those calls before. Now I set there on my dead ass. They are less aggressive face to face. I've reconciled myself that it is a lost day.

    ReplyDelete