Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I met a Blogger!

While we were at Warren Dunes State Park, we took a nice drive to Dowagiac Mi.

This was one of The reasons we picked this park for our trip. (besides a little slot playing).

One of the blogs I read is It's a Blog eat Blog World. And the blogger is Morgen. And He lives and owns a store in Dowagiac. And I've never met a fellow blogger before, and thought it would be fun! And I've never been to Dowagiac.
So here's a pic of me and Mo, at his store, The Wren Nest.
And here's a pic of the store front. Dowagiac is a really nice town!
Lot's of shops and restaurants. Much more than we expected.



And for those who don't know
where Warren Dunes is,
or Dowagiac, click on the map.
Orange star, Warren dunes, Green star, Dowagiac.

Warren Dunes is about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Lansing.

We were a little nervous meeting Morgen. I mean we really don't know him. I've only known him thru his blog,(which I've read for more than a year) and who knows what he's really like in person!

But there was nothing to fear. Morgen is the same in person, as on his blog. A very friendly down to earth guy. Made Craig and I feel very comfortable. He also has a really nice store. Click on the link above to check it out. While we were there I stocked up on some more wonderfully scented soaps.(I had bought some from his on line store before) And found a really cool purple quartz light!

We also had the pleasure of meeting another blogger I read, Janna, from The Jannaverse. Also a really nice person. With very cool nail polish!

Now Janna would not let me take her picture. I'm not sure why. Either she's afraid the camera steals her soul, (I've read some people actually believe that) or she's in a witness protection program. So I respected her wishes. But I got to thinking, she must have a pic of herself on her blog! So I went and dug thru her archives, searching and searching! ( I love a little mystery) And was surprised to find only partial facial pics. But I keep digging, and YES!



Here's Janna!

It appears she's in a vat of champagne,
or some other bubbly liquid.
Which is indicative of her blog.
Always a little twisted, and a very fun read.
She's quite a creative writer.

So, I actually met 2 Bloggers from Blog land!

And it was fun! Thanks Mo and Janna!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Neat! :) Ken just realized that we have a 3 day weekend coming up in November, so we'll probably take our first trip then. :)

    Still going to South Carolina though, I think. :)

    *Hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about that very first moment when you meet your first in person blogger...it's scary, fun, pensive, happy.....all of it. Good for you! His shop looks like a lot of fun and a good place to spend some $$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:15 PM

    Meeting bloggers is fun!!! I met my Best bud by bloggin. Maybe one day I can be snuggle in between you both! (For a picture that is wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great to meet new bloggers. It makes you realise there are lots of cool people out there.

    Have a great week mate,
    Kev in NZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis.....Cool! your first trip!

    Lewis.....yep! all those feelings. And I hope to meet more!

    Albert...That would be fun! ;-)

    Kev... There really are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the visit, Wayne!
    You and Craig are great!
    (plus, you gave me candy!!!!)

    Hope you are enjoying the amethyst lamp - I thought about that when I posted the new microscope-amethyst picture on my blog today.

    Thanks for visiting, glad you over came the anxiety and came on in!

    You're welcome back anytime - next time we can plan a meal @ Zeke's together, maybe!

    cheers,
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mo...Love the lamp! And it's a date!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, there I am...
    Wow.
    Now that the blogosphere knows what I look like, I'll have to change my identity again.
    How does the name "Bubbles McPhee" sound?

    ReplyDelete