Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

decorating


If you read my post from a couple back,
you'll remember we cut a tree down
from our yard.
Well, here's a couple of pics of it in the house.
It's a bit scrawny looking,
but when we got it decorated,
it looks just fine!


Click on the pics to see it better!

I use tons of ornaments
but no garland or icicles.







And here's a pic of the tree from the kitchen. I'm really into lights and ornaments!
I put a garland across the top of the counter and filled it with solid ornaments. And on the wall above the microwave, I put lights and ornaments on and around my stemmed glass collection.

I'll show pics of the yard when I get a little more time.


Time now for dinner! Craig's making home made nachos. YUM!

10 comments:

  1. it is so beautiful! great job!!!

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:03 PM

    Really beautiful, Wayne. I'm taking a break from working on mine. I love Christmas...tons of lights and ornaments! You need a tree for under the tree, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read you comment about the tree looking scrawny but coming out ok once decorated, I could not help but think of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree and smile. It's kind of like a lot of us.

    BTW, if you ever need any tinsel, I've got a ton - inherited from my parents and carefully wrapped in newspaper, aged like the finest wine and cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home made Nachos? i wonder how long it would take to drive from Portland to Lansing?

    http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Lansing,+MI&geocode=&dirflg=&saddr=Portland+Oregon&f=d&sll=42.788346,-84.552155&sspn=0.209121,0.424347&ie=UTF8&z=4&om=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Your tree is beautiful and I think that it is even more special because it came from your yard! Your house looks very festive as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive transformation!
    Totally not the bare tree that you cut down from your own yard no less.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great! i've been out of town and I guess I need to get busy if I'm going to put up a tree this year. Anyway your house looks very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like in Peanuts Christmas special, once the tree was decorated it looked perfect.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. Who waved that magic wand? I feel the same, the more ornaments the better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How festive!
    Now if we could just get a picture of my meaningless gibberish note....

    Heh! :)

    You decorate beautifully.

    ReplyDelete