Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

back it up!

With the New Year, now is a good time to make sure everything on your computer has been saved to a remote drive or disk.
You never know when you may have a hard drive failure such as I did a year and a half ago. And after that happens, your totally screwed! Everything is lost!

So take some time this New Year to back up copies of everything on you computer.

Documents,
Pictures,
Copies of downloaded software,
Anything that did not come on your original installation disks.

Including all you favorites, or bookmarks.
I just spent a total of about 2 hours saving everything to a CD, and now I can relax, knowing all my "stuff" is safe! I do this twice a year.
Don't wait till it's too late!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:12 PM

    oh.

    not that kind of "blow".

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my stuff backed up to an external drive. Honestly though, I want my computer to blow up so that I have an excuse to go get another one. But then again... I'm not feeling to hot for Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wayne, now you've got me all nervous!! :) I had better do some back up...
    Sorry I haven't been by in a while but I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete